Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Updates


Good morning all. I thought I would give some updates on stuff.

First of all, my son Anthony is recovering very well from his car accident. His femur is healing great and he should be back to work sometime in April.

I went for counseling yesterday and I was told that I may be suffering from Post Traumatic Stress
Disorder! All because of my first husband. It is so amazing to me how certain people can affect your life like that. Anyway, I think there is hope for me yet. :)


So, I have been trying to start taking the chewable vitamins to prepare myself when I have surgery. All I can say is "fark, they are so nasty". I mean I am gagging. I have tried a couple of different ones too. But yesterday I found Viactive Multi Vitamins! I have not seen these before so I thought I would share. They are just like the calcium chews and I don't gag. Thank you, thank you!

I joined the gym yesterday and I am going to Zumba tonight! I am very excited and I hope I can make it through the class in one piece!

Hope you all have a great day,

Miss Vickie

11 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your son is going to be ok. That must have hurt like the devil, busting his leg.

    Hey good luck at the gym. I hear Zumba is fun! Keep trying, you'll eventually hit on vitamin you'll like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to try those vitamins. I am like you and have been struggling to find an acceptable chewable vitamin. Zumba is fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip, I love the calcium chews, but haven't seen the vitamin ones. I'll look for them. So glad your son is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your son is doing well. Thanks for the tip on the vitamins. I hadn't starting researching those yet so I may start with these and hope for the best. Good luck at Zumba!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoh, where are you doing Zumba at?

    Yeah, I did the viactives after surgery too! but seeing this post reminded me that I havent eaten any in about 9 months! OOPS Bad bandster!

    They arent too bad. Kinda like a chalky tootsie roll! hahah

    Glad your son is doing better!

    I intend to go to support group in April bc this is the one I think they are having the shrink come too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Amy! I joined The Club in Gulf Breeze. They have Zumba 3 times a week. My daughter teaches it in AZ. I am going to the support group also.. I have 2 more nutrition meetings and then I am done. I should have surgery in May!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonder if I can find those lovely's in BC...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to look for those. I have the calcium chews but detest the fruity dissolving vitamins. I was only able to get them down for two weeks. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found them at Walmart nest to the calcium chews. It still tastes a little like vitamins but not near as bad as the fruity ones....blech!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im sticking with Flinstones mutli gummys sad I know lol. Great to hear your son is doing well and that you are well on your way to a great lap band journey wtg! Joining a gym isnt always easy but I promise you wont regret it, just take a mp3 player and listen to music and relax while working out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ack. Broken femur is one of my worst nightmares.

    Not to belittle it, but don't all first husbands induce PTSD? Mine sure did contribute to my weight problems...

    ReplyDelete