Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Getting Closer!!!!!!

Good morning all,

I had my 5th diet and nutrition appt. yesterday. In the past 5 months I have stayed the same as far as weight goes. I guess I really suck at this dieting thing! Anyway, it was so exciting to talk with Miss Betty at Dr. Friedman's office about possible surgery dates! I am hoping to have surgery on May 21st or 24th. My last appt. with the Nutritionist is May 3rd. It should take 5-7 days for approval. Then I have the 3 pre op. appts to go to. I am so ready for this. I keep reading your blogs and seeing your progress pictures and I have to confess that I am very envious. You all look amazing! I know I will get there too.

On my previous post I mentioned the Viactin Multi Vit. I talked to Amy, (diet & nutritionist) about them and she said she liked them but they do not have any iron in them. So she said I should take an iron pill with them. Thankfully, they are small and can fit through the band. I just wanted to give those of you a heads up in case you started taking them.

The hubbs is going to Las Vegas this weekend. It is a brother's trip and they are going to see ACDC. John is so excited. He has been working so hard, he deserves to have some fun. I, on the other hand, will be at the beach as it is going to be a glorious weekend here on the Gulf Coast!

14 comments:

  1. Oh Vickie that is great! I go for my last "diet" appointment this afternoon, I am excited. My surgeon hasn't talked dates yet, but I hope to be banded around the same time as you. I like you can't wait for the transformation. May I ask what type of insurance you have that approval happens in 5-7 days? My surgeon said to call insurance 3 week after submission. I have bcbs. I don't think that I could wait that long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! That's awesome you can expect a quick approval. UHC can take anywhere from two weeks to two months or so I've heard. Here's hoping for a speedy approval for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe it? It is SO getting ready to happen. And when you get your date it is SO SO exciting! I can't wait to hear your announcement when it comes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Time will really speed up now! I'm sure you've checked this, but I was told I had to lose at least a couple of pounds over the course of the 6 mo. diet...a 'failure', but show I was committed and trying. I've seen people denied for gaining even a pound (over the total 6 mo.). Hang onto your hat...getting a date is so much fun! Can't wait to see you progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad it's getting so close! Can't wait til I can hang out on the beach, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! (And thanks, you just reminded my to take my vites!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very exciting that it's getting so close. I love reading the blogs, but sometimes it's like sweet torture. I'm happy to hear about everybody's success, but gosh darn it, I want some success too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Vickie, this is exciting! I am so happy for you. I know what you mean about being envious of those who are already banded, we'll be there soon. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for you :) Keep us posted on the official date!

    And I hear you on the Vitamin chews, they are gross. I had to finally switch and take other ones.

    Good luck with the rest of your pre-op appointments, and your date will be here before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news on your possible surgery date - I know it feels like forever now but the time will pass and before you know it you'll be post op and on the way to the new you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK I am up to date with your blog - thanks for becoming a follower on mine. I am so glad to hear that you son is doing good - that must have been very scary for you especially since you couldn't go to be with him. If you get the surgery dates you want that is only a small month away which will fly by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My surgery date is May 25. We can be Band Buddies! :) Once you have the date it becomes more real. You are on the downhill stretch!
    I have BCBS and my approval took about two weeks.

    ReplyDelete