Monday, April 19, 2010

Things Happen For A Reason


John and I went to the beach on Saturday and Sunday. We were hot and sweaty. We have a new home and we are finally landscaping our yard. It looks great! He just has to finish the fountain today and I will post some pictures.

Anyway, yesterday the beach was pretty crowded so we had to squeeze into a spot. We ended up sitting next to 3 ladies who were laughing and joking and having a great time. One of them was saying to the other (joking) "why don't you have some more chips, lard ass!" They were all laughing and one of them turns to us and says " we are all thinking of having lap band surgery!"

So I said "Oh, I'm having that surgery next month!" I think only one of them is really interested in the surgery. They were so surprised and one of them said "everything happens for a reason". Anyway, they were all so nice and lots of fun. I told them a little about the surgery and how excited I am about it. I even told them about BOOBS! They thought it was just fantastic!

Even though I haven't had the surgery yet, I felt good that I may have helped someone to seriously think about it. As you know, this is not something you just do so quickly. It does take some soul searching and contemplation. I did tell them it was a life changing process. They invited us up to Delaware and York, PA. The lady who is thinking about the band said, "We won't recognize you when you come up!"


I can't wait.


I am starting Water Aerobics today in addition to Zumba. I think I am going to be a little sore!



Have a great week,

Miss Vickie

8 comments:

  1. :) How neat! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it fun to find someone you can talk to about the surgery? A week after my surgery I was at a birthday party for one of my daughter's friends and both the mothers were considering the surgery, but weren't sure about it. I felt like a walking commercial for the LapBand!! have fun at Zumba and let me know how it is. My gym is expanding and they are going to be offering classes next month and I've wondered what it is like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I am going to Zumba next week for the first time, I'm reaaly nervous! I hope I can keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the water was cold but after a few minutes your body goes numb and you can't feel it! I saw that they were flying a purple flag but I didnt see or feel one jelly! Tracey is a baby and doesnt get in teh water until like August!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie, do you want to be my roomie in Chicago?
    We talked about it on the BOOBS page, but I was just wondering if you still wanted to, or if you and Amy were going to, since you're likely traveling together. My e-mail address
    is hayneedham@yahoo.com, just shoot me an e-mail and let me know. Thanks.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Vickie...can you please email me at sjoy@fit.edu, as I need to get some info from you for the roommate spreadsheet (hometown, age, email address). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! I wanna zumba my butt off too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet those women really appreciated your insight! This blog community is really amazing, it's nice to know you have so many women in your corner. Have fun with Zumba and your water aerobics. Tell us all how it goes.

    ReplyDelete