Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bad, bad timing!!!

So, I dropped DH off at the airport on Tuesday morning and stopped at Wally world to stock up on my pre op liquids.  I get home and was sitting at the computer and noticed I was getting warm.  I checked the thermostat and it was 78 degrees in my house.  I usually keep it at 71 cause I'm a woman and I'm fat and 50 so I'm always hot!

The AC guys discovered the motor is shot.  Of course he has to order it and I asked him to over night it so hopefully he can fix it today.  So, here I sit in a hotel room in Pensacola, FL by myself drinking only liquids!  I forgot to pack the nasty protein shakes so I have been drinking juice and broth.  Why do things break in the house when DH has to travel?  Over the years there have been many things that have broken as soon as he steps on the plane!  Oh well, it builds character right?

I really hope to go home today.  It was just too hot to sleep there.  It has not been too difficult just having liquids.  I have been a little hungry at times but I think I will live  :)

12 comments:

  1. I don't understand what it is about A/C's & heaters but they seem to break down when 1) it's very hot, 2) it's very cold, 3) it's the weekend, or 4) it's a holiday. Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer.. I hate it when the AC breaks!! Hopefully it will be fixed today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, that sucks! At least it's this week and not next week when you really will want your own bed. :) (I'm generally always trying to find the silver lining in things...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sucks! Murphy always knows when hubby leaves...then comes for an extended stay it seems! GRRR! Hope it is fixed soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a room here? Where are you at?

    I am sorry that the AC went out...and it's going to be in the 90's this week!

    ARGH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really sucks. Try to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AC is not a luxury!! Florida is hotter than hates right now! At least to me. I hope they fix it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sucks, sucks, sucks...do whatever you must to stay cool.
    Heat is the enemy...at least in my world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If they don't fix it by the time your surgery, maybe you could just stay in the hospital a few extra days...they are at least ac. :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A/C is a necessity in Florida... not a luxury. I wish you coolness... *Maria*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, major bummer. Sure hope it's fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete