Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What a difference a week makes!

Good morning,

One week post op and I feel so good!  I think it took me about 5 days to really bounce back.  I am sleeping well and can easily move around.  My incisions are starting to itch and that is a great sign.





I have found a way to get those nasty protein shakes down.  One little scoop of lite ice cream!  I have decided since my calorie intake is so little, I can have a bit of ice cream to get the protein in.


I have lost 11lbs since last Monday.  I fully expect to put on a couple of lbs when I begin eating real food.  Overall, my clothes are fitting me and not stretched to fit me.   My husband says he can see a bit of a change.  John noticing that means the world to me  :)  We actually went to the beach for a few hours yesterday.  It was lovely.


I see Dr Freidman on Thursday and will schedule my first fill after the 4th of July as we will be in Phoenix for about 10 days.  He doesn't want to ask for trouble while I travel....works for me!


Have a wonderful week everyone and thank you so much for the sympathy and encouragement.  I love these blogs and I love all of you!


Miss Vickie

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing very well. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Listen to you. You're coping well and already seeing changes. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Vicki, I'm back at work today and finally able to make comments. I'm so glad you're feeling much better! Congrats on the 11 lbs you've lost. You may be envious that Janice and I are in onederland, but I'm envious that you can eat pureed foods! LOL!
    I see my doctor on Friday, but I'm gonna call him today and see if I can go on pureed foods, I'm gonna go crazy here soon just drinking shakes and water! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like things are going well! So glad to hear that! Keep on gettin better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... you are doing WONDERFUL !!! SO proud of you ! You will be passing me in no time !!! I agree, a week makes such a tremendous difference and just wait until 4 weeks post op, you feel like nothing ever happened ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading such a positive post! I am so happy that you are feeling "normal" and that you are already seeing results. Keep up the good work (and the good attitude)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm so glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great that you are doing well!!!! You will be surprised at how the band just integrates into your lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling better! 11lbs lossed is excellent! Keep up the good work and congrats on being able to choke down the protein. It makes a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to hear that you feeling better! It's all downhill from here - the worst part is behind you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are doing so well! I'm glad you got through the worst of it. Now life with the band is easier since hunger doesn't torture you day and night anymore. Well, after your fill that is... Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad things are going well...the worst is likely behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great news and 11lbs is awesome. I remember feeling so much better a week out so you are definately on the up and up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent recovery! and congrats on the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoo Hoo Hoo!!! 11 lbs gone for good! Got to be excited! I still feel "puffy". Glad you are feeling better! Great tip on light ice cream...I'm craving "crunch" so bad! I'm going to live dangerously tonight and have a little mushed cottage cheese! I still have one more week of liquid lifestyle. Are you planning on going to the Chicago retreat in Sept?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for all your words of encouragement and support during this difficult time for me!

    You are doing wonderful Vickie! Now I need to get back on track and all will be well in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay!! You are doing great Vickie! Thank you for your wonderful comments on my blog. I've been bad at keeping up - I'm going to do better. Big Hugs and here's to mushies soon!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yippee a week post-op!!!

    Thanks for following me!

    Cool to know you used to live in Phoenix. I know that area around Val Vista very well. It has grown dramatically in the last 3-5 yrs. Hope you enjoy your time when you come out soon, you are coming out in the hottest time of the year!!! :D

    ReplyDelete