Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A few NVS's

I bought a toe ring and 2 cute Hawaiian dresses in Hawaii 5 years ago.  I have not been able to wear them for that long.   Last week I put the toe ring on and I can wear the dresses without looking like a stuffed sausage.  I can also wear my watch again.  It has a stretch type band and it was so tight.  Now it is loose on my wrist.


Yesterday, John and I were traveling to Philly.  I wore my size 14 dark washed jeans, comfortably.  John said that I look a lot different from behind!  My heart swelled up....seriously.  Just hearing him make comments like that is so important for me.  I simply adore him and I want him to feel proud to have me as his wife.

I can't wait to meet everyone in Chicago!

18 comments:

  1. How can he not be proud to have you as his wife, you are adorable no matter what size you are! I can't wait to see you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is it that you can touch the toes, to put on the ring. Awesome. This morning I tied my shoes, by bending over, not sitting down. so happy for you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you!!!!! How sweet of your hubby to compliment you too! I bet you looked great in your size 14's :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I'm sure he feels proud to have you as his wife regardless. Great NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. honey, he's proud to have you as his wife...be it a sz. 22 or a 2!!! Way to go on those NSV's!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to skinny toes! Congrats! And to having a like-new dress (no one will remember it from the first time around).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh God - love this post and how happy you sound!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great NSV's! I am having my surgery in 8 weeks and can't wait! Hearing (reading?) about other people's NSV's really make it certain I am doing a great thing for myself. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Size 14's?! You go, hot mama!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, a butt compliment-that means LOVE! Guys are incapable of lying about that stuff-so good work you!!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Toe ring as a NSV, I would have never thought I'd read that. But hey, I love a NSV celebration no matter what the victory!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vickie, you looked AMAZING in Chicago!!! Your progress has put me to shame! I'm determined to be one of the 'superstars' at next years BOOBs! It was awesome meeting you!!!
    Blessings,
    Robin at Band on the Run

    ReplyDelete