Friday, October 15, 2010

Loneliness and Exercise

Gosh, it has been a while since I have posted.  I have been reading your blogs though.


My husband has been working in Albuquerque, NM for the last 3 weeks.  He still has another 10 days to go.  It can get very quiet and lonely around here.  Before surgery, I would be very depressed (even though I was taking an anti depressant) and I would eat anything, just for the hell of it!  I can't tell you how many loaded PB&J's I would eat.  So, naturally, I would gain weight.  I didn't even have the energy to go for a walk.

This time however, I have been an exercising crazy woman!  I just got back from a Zumba and Yoga class.  It was awesome!  I just feel so much better.  I have also stopped taking the anti depression meds.  I finally feel like I am in control of myself.


The wedding for my daughter is not to be.  Actually, it is for the best.  Back in the day, I would have eaten my sadness and anger.  Not this time.  I know the exercising is helping with my stress level.  I will be going to Phoenix soon, even though the wedding is called off.  My daughter is graduating from The University of Phoenix with her Bachelor's degree in Communications and I will be at the graduation ceremony.  I am so proud of her.  She works full time, teaches Zumba 2x a week and has a 16month old daughter.  She has kicked ass!

So, if anyone needs a nudge to get moving, consider this your nudge!  Exercise has really helped me overcome a lot.  It has become a bit addicting.  Most of the time I will exercise 2x a day!  I think to my self....who the hell are you?  Where is the old, lazy, fat Queen Bee?

Love you guys,

Miss Vickie

11 comments:

  1. Exercise is an amazing thing! I do stress testing at work, and I'm always inspired by 80 year olds who kick butt on their test all because they walk EVERY DAY. It doesn't take much to have huge effects on our health and well being!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2x a day! You go girl!!! Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation and I'm sorry the wedding is not to be, even if it is for the best, I'm sure there's plenty of stress involved.

    So true about the exercise. I'm feeling so much more hopeful this week and I'm confident my very good exercising week has helped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am graduating from the University of Phoenix next summer! I completed my AAB there, and am now working on my BA in Accounting! Have a safe and exciting trip, even if it is not exactly what you had planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm so impressed with the exercise! What a fabulous attitude you have, and not eating away your feelings is huge!

    Congrats to your daughter, what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a rockstar! I need your motivation for sure! Thanks! And Crystal is a rockstar too! And will be just fine with everything she has going for her! Would love to see you when you are in town! When will you be here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look like a knock out in that red dress!

    Way to go on the exercise too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow- I think your daughter has learned how to kick ass from her Mama! Enjoy the graduation and celebrate the new adventure Crystal has before her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two-a-days...quite impressive there cupcake.
    Things happen for a reason and I agree the change of wedding plans is likely for the best. Enjoy your trip and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twice a day! That's great!! You look smashing and I'm glad that the excersise is helping with the stress levels, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh - I'm so super proud of you...and so happy your daughter has you during what must have been a difficult decision for her. I just love you Miss Vickie. You're the best...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss you, call me when you're lonely, I'll talk all Southern to you! I know everything will work out for your daughter, like Deborah said, she learned to kick ass from her mamma! I'm so proud of you. And thanks for the sweet comments today. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete