Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's Been 6 Months/60 Pounds Lost

Today is my 6 month Bandiversary!  The time has gone by so fast.  I have gone from 245 lbs to 185 lbs.   I would like to get somewhere around 145-150 lbs.  Looking back at these pictures is difficult.  I am still not happy with my body though.  I have no ass to speak of and my belly is still huge.  I know quite a bit of it is skin, and really, I am okay with that.  I have had 4 kids and been overweight so it is my battle scar.  I am too afraid of a tummy tuck, so Spanx will be my BFF.  All in all, my journey has been wonderful.  Everything in my life is so much better.  I no longer take anti depressants and I no longer snore.  No more acid reflux, I can tie my shoes, I can jog, I can wear dresses and skirts!  I can wear a size 14 very comfortably and some 12's.  Shopping is great too!  For anyone who is contemplating getting the band, let me tell you it was THE BEST thing I have ever done for myself.  I am so thankful I could do this.  The blogs have been an unbelievable source of support and a wealth of information for me.  I have met some wonderful people who have become dear friends for life.  I try to encourage everyone to read the blogs.  I have Amy W. to thank for introducing them to me!  Thank you all for your support and kind words.  The pictures may not be in the right order, cause I have no idea how to do that!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Miss Vickie







28 comments:

  1. Wow! 60 pounds in six months is amazing! And you look amazing! truly an inspiration! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You.Look.Amazing!!!!!

    I am so happy for you Vickie...you look 20 years younger too! It is amazing how we all turn out to be what my Steve said to me when we first met and I was always complaining about weight and dieting, etc. He told me that I am "a diamond in the rough". It pertains to all of us!

    Have a very Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Vickie, you look amazing, and don't worry, I have enough ass for the both of us, I'll share! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remarkable work! You should be very proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning!

    What an inspiration you are.

    Can I have your address? I would like to ship you some of my butt. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love LOVE the progress pics! 60lbs down and you look and I'm sure, feel like a million bucks!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're an inspiration, Vickie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You inspire me and make me happy to know you !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vickie - you are just amazing, in your weightloss and in just being you! I'm so happy we've had the chance to meet and see each other a couple of times! YOu rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Miss Vickie! What a difference! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great, Vickie! Happy Bandiversary! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for your inspiring words, Vickie! And for the photos, too! You look absolutely amazing, and I am just so thrilled and proud of all you've accomplished!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Vickie!!! You have done such an awesome job and you are such an inspiration!!

    Happy Bandaversary!! AND Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Vickie! All your hard work shows! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing! Keep on rockin it baby!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great!

    I would say your stomach looks pretty flat actually. Maybe it is different without clothes.

    60 lbs. in 6 months is GREAT! You have so much to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We're twins with almost identical starting weights, goal weights and amount lost so far. Here's to the rest of our journey...hopefully together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAY!! You look fabulous and I know you feel great. Keep it up--you are an inspiration;)

    Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for posting the pics...they tell a thousand words about how successful your journey has been!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look amazing!!!! Such great inspiration...60 pounds in 6 months! I would be sooo happy with that rate. I'm striving to be like the Queen Bee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vickie you are AMAZING!!! You're photos are unreal, you are making such quick progress. AN inspiration for someone like me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look fab-a-lus, dahling!!

    I love that you not only have found support in the blogs, but also give support to others, me included. You are amazing!!

    Happy turkey day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you look PHENOM! truly amazing....i love progress pics and you look so great!! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats Miss Vickie! You're looking great! Don't be too hard on yourself about your body. Sometimes it comes off in different places at different stages. You'll get there! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! You are looking fit and toned!! I am so impressed :) Way to go Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look great and are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello, its 2012 and I had my lap-band done in Jan6. I have lost 65 lbs. Off my insulin ( loving it ) lost weight ( loving it ) walk everyday loving it also. But cant seem to get any more weight off. I have told the Dr and she says , its not the band???? I have to wonder. I eat right and everything. Are you still on the weight loss?
    PS you look great !! Debbie

    ReplyDelete