Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lap Band Gal's "What I Eat"

Morning:  1-2 cups of coffee with half and half, and 2 teaspoons of Benefiber~keeps me regular!

1 packet Weight Control Oatmeal mixed with FF milk, chopped walnuts, 2 strawberries, or blueberries,brown sugar, and 1 scoop GNC vanilla protein powder.

1 hour later, 32oz of water sipped until the next meal.

Lunch:  Usually consists of a small salad w/ 2 slices of turkey and  slice of sharp cheddar cheese and various veggies.  Or, 1cup of Hormel no bean Chili w/ shredded cheese and 1 tsp of light sour cream.  Or, homemade chicken salad with 5 reduced fat Ritz crackers

1 hour later, 32oz of water sipped until the next meal.

Snack:  SF pudding, or SF popsicle, or Starbucks Via Instant coffee.

Dinner:  Varies.  Usually, some kind of meat  3oz, salad and/or vegetables~ once in a while, 1/2 piece of crunchy bread.

1 hour later, 32oz of water sipped until I go to bed.

Sometimes I will have another popsicle or 1-2x a week I have a WW Giant Fudge Bar.

Once a week or so I treat myself to 1 Margarita.

I take all of my meds in the morning and space out my calcium and multi vitamin throughout the day.

I shoot for 80 grams of protein a day.  I do not usually count calories.  I either measure or "eyeball" 1 cup of food per meal.  Because of the protein powder in my oatmeal, it comes out to be more than 1 cup, but it is about 40 grams of protein in one meal.  I think this is my largest or most caloric meal of the day.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Lap Band Gal!  Great idea!

8 comments:

  1. And that kids is why her world is rocking !!! Did ya see the Baja Tacos, or the Fried Chicken or the McDonalds here > Not !!! Use the band well, it is awesome !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are good! No wonder you've had great weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I have been a sucky blogger I missed this and others who posted something like this, but yest this helps. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope lapband community could have a routine sharing as well as this kind of recipes. So that everyone would benefit from each others healthy ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miss Vickie,
    I came across your blog, because I was looking for support since I just recently was banded about 3 weeks ago. Sometimes I just feel lost, and like I don't know if I'm doing the correct thing, or if I'm eating the right foods, and have been paranoid about stretching my pouch! or if I get sick from foods that just don't work "with me" anymore. I love reading your blog, cause it makes me not feel so alone. Thank you so much for sharing your foods and everything else. You've done an amazing job so far!! :)
    -Jess
    http://thechangingcaterpillar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete