Wednesday, August 3, 2011

MMMMMMM.....NUTS!

God help me.  I have a serious addiction to these delicious things.  I literally go out of my way to find them at the store.  Publix had them on sale last week...buy one, get one free!  Damn.

My weight loss has been shitty and non existent the last 6 months, all due to nuts.  I add them to my morning yogurt and grab a handful here and there during the day.  Finally, I just happened to look at the calories and serving size the other day.  OMG!!!!  1/4 cup is 140 calories and 9 grams of fat.  Although they do have 5 grams of protein!  That was my excuse, the protein....whatever.

Time to cut them out!  I am going for a fill tomorrow and I plan to confess to Dr. Freidman.  I am ashamed of myself...for reals.  I know better, but somehow, I couldn't help myself.  

So, I have come clean, finally!  I already feel better.  I know that no one is perfect.  Weight loss and food control will be a thorn in my side for the rest of my life.  I accept that, but I am still disappointed with my lack of control.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
My weakness


10 comments:

  1. Its always the little things that seem harmless too. Good job for crackin down on yourself though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you sister, peanut butter is my devil in disguise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love almonds. They are such an excellent snack, but alas, as you have discovered we have to treat them very carefully. I only allow myself one 1 oz portion a few times a week. Nuts are healthy fats, a nice chunk of protein and a goto energy source, but they are high in fat (even though it's good fat) so maybe eliminate for a while then add them back in more moderately! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nuts were the hidden fat source for me for a while, until I finally looked at the calories myself! I think they're good fat like Cat mentioned, so I allow myself a handful once a week or so. Honey roasted peanuts are a beautiful thing, after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn Publix and their 2 for 1 specials! Good for you to come clean and fess up to doc!

    I too love nuts Vick and I have been on a bit of a Peanut Butter kick lately but only when I work out! I smear 1 tbsp on a piece of celery before i exercise as I have been advised that I need to eat a good mix of fat/carbs/protein before the workout that is at least 100 calories. This seems to fit the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nuts are an indulgence I give myself..yes they have calories and fat/protein/fiber, but at least it is a good fat. Macadamia nuts & Almonds are my weakness, but I will still allow myself some. Not a whole container, but just enough to satisfy. :)

    Read this artice and you WON'T feel as guilty: http://www.dietriffic.com/2010/04/27/are-nuts-fattening/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that same issue with peanut butter. I had to just keep it out of the house. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I have my first fill tomorrow and I am scared lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love me some nuts.....I craved them when I was on liquids....Hi I am your newest follower and thanks for following me....what part of FL i am from Panama City Beach. Oh and I love Publix or at least their icing.....yummmmmyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete