Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Plethora of Workouts



It has been a year and a half since I began an exercise program.  My exercise of choice is Zumba.  Love it!  Thankfully, my Zumba instructor has opened her own fitness studio a mile from my house.

She offers many different types of classes.. Drillz, Top 2 Bottom, Ballet Barre,Zumba, Zumba Toning,  Ball Balance Stretch and Flexibility, you get the picture.  I knew I needed to incorporate some strength training into my workouts and these classes fit the bill.

On Mondays I do a class called Remix.  It offers a combination of several classes.  On Tuesday, I do Zumba.  Wednesday is Ballet Barre ( one of my new favs), and Zumba Toning.  On Thursday it's Kickboxing and/or Zumba.  Let me tell you, I am loving it and I am sore as hell!  Last night, my butt was killing me, but I felt so damn good!

I can't believe how much I enjoy working out when a little over a year ago, I was a couch potato.  How times have changed.  I am so proud of myself!

Have a great night everyone!

11 comments:

  1. That is freaking awesome!! I love that you are doing so much and you have so much to choose from. Actually I'm kinda jealous.

    I'm so proud of you for taking your life into your own hands and doing exactly what you know you need to do to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's great that you're so active!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Ballet Barre sounds like so much fun. I totally want to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are we gonna workout in Chicago? Good for you with the working out...I swear its my only salvation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a workout fiend! So proud of you and your committment. I need you to rub some of your exercise mojo on me. To this day it still seems like a chore 80% of the time! :) You're an inspriation :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here ::: waving hello ::: I SO want to be the Workout Queen (like you) in a year from now ... very inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete