Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stress and my band=shitty week.

Royalty Free RF Clipart Illustration Of A Panicking Bee by Cory ThomanSo, I spent last week in Coeur d'Alene, ID, by my dad's bedside in the ICU.  Naturally I was a bit stressed out.  Most of the time, I lead a not so stressful life.  Boy, did I get a wake up call!

I simply could not eat.  Everything got stuck.  I threw away more food and threw up several times.  I wasn't sleeping well, and I was bickering with my sisters.  I know, I know, sisters can be so stupid.  I mean come on, we are all 50 years old or close to it, and we were fighting like when we were kids.  I guess we all get set in our ways.  We were sharing 1 room with 2 double beds and 1 bathroom.  I rest my case!  About the only thing I could eat was frozen yogurt.  And I ate it everyday!  So, food wise and sleep wise, my week was pretty shitty.  I got home last night and did not move one inch the whole night.  I slept like a log.  Eating was tough most of the day, but I had a chicken burger patty and a couple of fries at dinner.  Slow going, but I ate.  My band really reacts to stress.  I also notice that I am tight or uncomfortable if I try to eat with my legs crossed.  Anyone else have that problem?

My dad is showing a little more improvement.  His oxygen is down to 65%.  He was at 100%  and he needs to be at 35-40%  to have the ventilator removed.  I will take what I can get.  I really do appreciated you prayers and kindness.

I an so looking forward to Chicago!

13 comments:

  1. Oh stress always tightens me up like crazy. I'm sure not being able to eat made everything worse.
    Glad your Dad is improving a bit. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stress tightens me up as well. Sitting in the car will snap my band closed every time (thus no eating while driving).

    I am really glad your dad is doing better. I hope he keep improving and is out and about soon.

    Oh and the sisters thing...don't even get me started..there is nothing like having the whole family back in the room for a few days to bring out every old pecking order and argument. My brother and sister and eye can usually last for 3 days and then we are off. Sometimes even less time than that!

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. -also-the stress you are all under cannot help your being nice to each other I would imagine. Feel better and rest up!

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stress will do it...be safe and stay hydrated and I wish all the best for your dad and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have been on my mind! I agree with Bella, make sure you are getting plenty of fluids in! Keep eating that Fr Yo. If that is what is working then keep doing it!

    Yes. This week I have been so tight. Stress and sickness have been the factor. Now I am periodical so another week of tight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post is so timely ... I'm headed back to work on Monday and I am terrified how the stress will affect me/the band (and I'm getting my first fill tomorrow). I hope your Dad continues to trend in the right direction ... family is why God invented friends :) take care of YOURSELF ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad there is a least some improvement. Hang in there Vickie! Stress does a number on me, but I've never noticed the crossed leg thing, I'm gonna check it out. Take care of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stress and TOM are huge factors for me. I hope he continues to improve and I will be sending out positive vibes for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stress tightens me up too - also driving in the car sometimes can cause by lapband to tighten up - weird, right ?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stress tightens me up like a virgin on prom night, so I can SO relate. I hope that being home will help a bit, but I know your worry about your dad will stay with you. Just know he is in good hands and you need to take care of yourself as well!!I am sending all my good Miss Vickie Karma your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super glad to here about your dad! Keep positive, that kind of energy will help him. As for your sisters, all I can say is that you're all under a lot of stress, people have ways of coping with it. Try and be patient with them.

    I'm just now getting to the point were stuff like that gets me. Fortunately it hasn't grabbed me too badly just yet, although I'm finding that it's a lot less tolerant of certain foods.

    Best of luck and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't post on your newer post about your dad for some reason But I am really glad he is doing better! I know it helps to go on vacation when there has been improvement!! Hopefully there will be smooth sailing ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't comment on the other post but I wanted to say that's good news about your pops! See you very soon! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete