Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's Been A While

Where to begin:

1.  My dad is in Tucson in a  rehab hospital and doing great!  He should be home in a few weeks.  Truly a miracle!

2.  Been in an awful fight with my middle sister......the one we are surprising at Christmas in Hawaii for her 50th birthday!  I will write more about it when I can.

3.  My husband, John, had a very difficult time in Afghanistan...the rockets being launched at the base scared the crap out of him.  It has taken a few weeks for him to calm down, but I think he is doing better.

4.  My middle son has changed the venue for his wedding.  No more Italy.  They will be married in Santa Fe, N.M.  Much more reasonable as he is opening his new Endodontic practice there.  The wedding is set for 9-1-2012!  I am so excited!  I already have my rehearsal dinner dress and the dress for the wedding.  How odd that I purchased them a year before the wedding.  My only worry is that they will have to be taken in.....I hope!

5.  I have been holding steady with my weight for almost a year.  I would love to lose 20 more pounds.  I know what I need to do.  I think I got too comfortable at my current weight.

6. We are going to Phoenix next week.  John won an award at work and the awards ceremony is in AZ.  Lucky for us we can see our kids and grand kids, all on the company's dime!!!!!!

7.  Work is awesome!  I just need to go full time.  Hopefully that will happen soon.  I think I have found my niche in Property Management   :)

8.  I have been reading the blogs, just not commenting.  I promise to get better about that.  I love you all!

9.   That's all!

15 comments:

  1. I'm really excited to hear that your dad is doing better. This is the best news I've heard in some time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really happy that your dad is doing better! I know that makes you relax a little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a LOT going on. Glad to hear about your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's good that your dad is doign better, I'm glad that hubby is back, although I know if must have been hard on him. I hope you and your sister get thigns straightened out and if i know you, you'll be kicking those 20 lbs to the curb before you know it. You are the ZUMBA queen! :) So glad to have you back posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am jumping for joy about the update on your Daddy! Truly a miracle!

    You'll get rid of those lbs Vick and you will be taking in those dresses. Speaking of dresses....check out my blog....I wore the Chicago dress in NY! I had it altered in the back like you said and it fit perfect! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay about your Dad! And I'm glad to hear from you! Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thoughts are with you on your husband being in Afghanistan. And some times those fights with our sisters can bring a closer relationship in the future.(even though it doesn't seem like it now)

    Enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give me a shout if you need anything while in Phoenix :) lifeisjustbeginning2011@yahoo.com --Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. so good to hear from you! and so so glad you're father is doing better.

    santa fe is a WONDERFUL choice for a wedding - it's one of my absolute fav towns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, sounds like you have had a lot going on. Glad to hear your dad is doing great :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to hear your dad is doing well!!

    Let me know if you have any free time while you are here! would love to see you and have you meet Mac!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've missed your lovely posts but it sounds like you've been very busy. So happy to hear that your Dad is doing better. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So great about your Dad...that's wonderful news,

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's all great to hear! (except about John :))
    I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete